NATECH is a certified
2293 Broadway Ave.
North Bend, OR 97459
Phone: (541) 888-8100
Fax: (541) 888-0280
© 2010 Natech All Rights Reserved
Website by Whitney Design
Banner photo by Christopher Wolfe
Junior Graphic Designer
NATECH is looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to support the Smithsonian National Air Space Museum’s (NASM) Exhibit Design Department. The successful candidate must be able to create informative and universal graphics that may consist of signage, invitations, posters, certificates, small exhibit graphics, and artifact labels. The successful candidate will also work closely with members of the NASM staff consisting of curators, researchers, writers/editors, education specialists, and project managers. This is a short-term position for a period of three months with the possibility of extending in 3 month option periods.
- Gather information on assigned projects.
- Design signage, invitations, posters, certificates, small exhibit graphics, and artifact labels.
- Create graphics that are informative, communicate concepts, aesthetically pleasing and accessible to visitors of varied educational backgrounds, ethnic origin, physical abilities, and age levels which fulfill the project request and are in accordance to the museum’s graphic standards.
- Collaborate with the writer/editor in establishing graphic presentation graphic presentation of text; specify style, size, and layout of type; select colors, and determine methods of reproduction of graphics.
- Research and measure existing conditions with the use of the formation/existing templates when updating
- Conduct site investigations of existing conditions to validate the design
- Responsible for quality control and quality assurance for all tasks performed.
- Assist the division with document management and computer file maintenance.
- Serve as liaison to the Smithsonian’s Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative
- Travel between the Museum’s 3 locations: the National Mall Building (NMB), the Paul E. Gerber Facility, and the Udvar-Hazy Center (UHC).
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or related field
- Proficient in Adobe, Creative Cloud 2017 InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
- Proficient in designing with typography
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Adobe Acrobat
- Effective verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships
- Work well in a cohesive team-oriented environment
- Creative and innovate thinker
- Excellent organizational skills