NATECH is a certified
2293 Broadway Ave.
North Bend, OR 97459
Phone: (541) 888-8100
Fax: (541) 888-0280
© 2010 Natech All Rights Reserved
Website by Whitney Design
Banner photo by Christopher Wolfe
Engineering Planner Sr. – Washington DC
We are looking for an Engineering Planner that will provide support to various Air Traffic Control Centers, TRACONS, Towers, and Headquarters and Regional offices. This individual will prepare and coordinates the plans and schedules for new or existing programs. This individual will also support consists of development of site implementation and transition planning for National and Regional, Facilities and Equipment, Capital Investment Plan projects. The Engineering Planner will determine, monitor, and review costs, operational budgets and schedules, and manpower requirements. Supports and participates in negotiations with customer. The Engineering Planner will also analyze effects of projects upon various areas such as Engineering, Facilities, and the labor pool to determine the most practical and cost-efficient methods to obtain the required resources. This individual will also resolve proposal preparation problems and assess the progress against established plans and parameters. This individual will also formulate and recommend corrective action measures such as schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, fund allocations, and work requirements.
- Provide support to the FAA NAS Quality Assurance and Performance Group’s GNAS Equipment/Module Population (GEMPOP) tool as part of the NISC III program. Support consists of serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on various NAS systems and disciplines (i.e. Navigation, Surveillance, Automation, etc.) to the GEMPOP team. Construct NAS system/equipment builds to properly depict system configurations in GEMPOP.
- Analyze effects of system builds and identification upon various areas such as Engineering, Facilities, and the labor pool to determine the most practical and efficient way assist with FAA data standardization and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) efforts.
6 years relevant exempt experience + relevant BS/BA
4 years relevant exempt experience + relevant MS
- Minimum 3 years of FAA Operations experience (preference for Technical Operations field experience)
- Familiar with the installation, test, maintenance, and troubleshooting of NAS hardware and systems
- Familiarity with the FAA Configuration Management and NAS project baseline; Identification/Solution Implementation/in-Service management/Funding/Implementation
- Familiarity with FAA program offices First and Second level Engineering Group/Engineering Services/Headquarters Offices/Air Traffic and Technical Operations Directorates
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
- FAA Air Traffic Field Operations and systems maintenance experience
- Experience with FAA Facility Service Equipment Profile (FSEP) and Remote Monitoring and Logging System (RMLS)
- Knowledge of National Airspace System Maintenance (NAS) Policy and General Maintenance Handbook For NAS facilities procedures and requirements
- Familiarity with Technical Instruction (TI) Book, Maintenance Handbook (MTHB), System Documentation Release (SDR), and System Support Modification (SSM) documents
- Skilled in the use of database management and project management software Knowledge of and experience managing FAA Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN) is preferred
- Ability to organize data gathering and data analysis, develop project plans, and establish scheduling reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline
- Familiarity with FAA program offices First and Second Level Engineering Group/Engineering Services/Headquarters Offices/Air Traffic and Technical Operations Directorates
- FAA Air Traffic Field Operations and systems maintenance experience Familiarity with Technical Instruction (TI) Book, Maintenance Handbook (MTHB), System Documentation Release (SDR), and System Support Modification (SSM) documents
- Skilled in the use of database management and project management software